In support of the Scottish Government's objectives to make Scottish culture, language and history more readily accessed by all communities, we aim to develop a range of resources to suit these needs.
We'd be delighted to have feedback. This can be directed to either our Education Convenor, our Literature Convenor or indeed our Headquarters staff at 3a John Dickie Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland KA1 1HW.
Below is a wide range of resources from our archives. Please feel free to peruse these resources, and develop them as needs be.
Early Learning Packs
Pre & early Primary Packs 1 - Colouring in sheets
Pre & early Primary Packs 2 - Poems to go with colouring in sheets
Juniors 7+ Pack - Middle School Activity Pack
Note to educators : If you would like to suggest improvements of the above packs please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com
Burns Life & Times
- The Poet's Life
- Exercise on Poet's Life
- The Burns Country map
- The Poet's Tours in 1787
- The Burns Heritage Trail
- Auld Lang Syne (Original Manuscript)
- To A Mouse
- The Wounded Hare
- Willie Wastle
- Paraphrasing of "To a Mouse"
- Tam o' Shanter schools resources - with thanks to Matthew Fitt.
Craft & Design
- Robert Burns as an excise man in Dumfries Colour in
- Colour In Robert Burns Coat of Arms
- Build your own Auld Clay Biggin'
- Match the Phrases and Drawing
- A Burns Quiz
- Selkirk Grace and Name Place Quiz
- Tam O Shanter Quiz
- Old Farming System Quiz
- Farming Improvements Quiz
Crosswords & Puzzles
- Burns Crossword
- Burns Crossword in Reverse
- Burns Related Word Search
- Scottish Name Word Search