Scottish Schools Competitions
2018 National Festivals
RBWF are looking forward to welcoming entrants and their supporters to the National Festival for Secondary School children on
Saturday 21st April 2018.
The event is being held at Denny High School
Please note the following:-
*All entrants must register from 10.30am on the day.
*Everyone should assemble in the Main Hall at 12.00 noon for the opening ceremony which will commence at 12.15pm.
* Each entrant has a maximum performance time of 4 minutes, including any introductions, musical interludes etc. Exceeding this time will result in a penalty applied to your score.
*Please bring your own snack lunch.
Tea/coffee and juice will be supplied in the dining area of the school for all attending.
The Primary event will take place on Saturday 12th May 2018 with arrangements as noted above for the Secondary event.
School children, from Primary 4 upwards, working within the Scottish curriculum are eligible to take part in local and regional competitions with the finalists from each area going on to compete at the annual National Festival.
Entries should be submitted through your child's school. If you are unsure as to whether your local school participates in our competitions, ask the teaching staff or contact me and I can liaise with your school on your behalf.
Competitions are held within Primary and Secondary categories in the following disciplines:
In addition to the National Festival, we also host a variety of competitions including:-
- Writing in the Scots Language
- Written Test (comprehension)
The Choral Competition will be held on Saturday 17th March at Denny High School. Registration will commence at 11am for a 12 noon start.
Full details of each competition and entry forms can be accessed via the links below:
1st November 2017
Tel: 01387 255182
Office Use Only - (Area Co-Ordinator Entry Forms)
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Bagpiping Entry Form
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Instrumental Entry Form
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Singing Entry Form
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Verse Speaking Entry Form
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Primary P4/5 Entry Form
- Co-Ordinator Copy - Primary P6/7 Entry Form